WATTYL Spraymate Industrial Super Etch 1K Epoxy Rich Metal Primer 400g Aerosol Black
Wattyl Spraymate is a range of superior performing primers and topcoats specifically designed for use by trade and industrial applications. The Super Etch primer is a premium quality, single pack epoxy etch primer. It provides excellent adhesion and anti-rust protection to most metals, & dries quick for easy and quick recoating.
- Excellent adhesion to all common metals
- Excellent anti-corrosive properties
- May be overcoated with most finish types, e.g. enamels, lacquers, chlorinated rubbers, polyurethanes and epoxy enamels
- Super Etch Primer shall be overcoated within three months of application
- High performance key coating, specifically designed for direct application over mild steel, ZINCALUME, COLORBOND, chrome, brass, copper, lead and lead alloys, stainless steel, aluminium and galvanised iron
- May be used as a primer or, when applied in mist coats, as a conventional etch medium. Adhesion to most automotive plastics is generally good
- Coverage: 3m² (approx. per aerosol)
Drying Times (at 25°C and 50% Humidity)
- Touch Dry: 5 minutes
- Dry to Handle: 20 minutes
- Recoat Time: minimum 1 hour, maximum 3 months
- Hard Dry: 1 hour
It is for the repaint of a prized ABU Cardinal 33 vintage spinning reel with a colour shift paint which requires a black basement - adheres much better than VHT black primer which I used earlier with the added bonus of no sanding required (being epoxy). Pops out the colour shift shine with main coat adhering very well. No paint runs whatsoever. Will definitely use it more often with any colour shift paint in future.