3M NH S-XCS Scotch Brite Coating Removal Disc 114mm With Hook & Loop Backing
Scotch-Brite™ Coating Removal Disc features extra coarse silicon carbide abrasive to effectively remove paint and rust from metal surfaces and welds. Together with the conformable, non-woven material, silicon carbide abrasives remove coatings without gouging, undercutting, or damaging the base material, especially on hard surfaces.
The open-web material runs cool and resists loading, keeping the abrasives actively cutting for consistent results over the life of the product. Our Scotch-Brite™ Coating Removal Disc provides more surface area than wire brushes. It is also safer as there are no wires to fly loose and the hook and loop backing holds the disc securely in place during use.
Our Removal Disc uses silicon carbide abrasive. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish.Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Strips coatings and preps surfaces more effectively than wire brushes
- Cleans welding scale, discoloration, and seams
- Non-woven material aggressively removes coating without damaging the base material
- Open web material runs cool and resists loading for prolonged operation
- Hook and loop attachment system provides fast disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes